I won't lie, every time I receive one of these lovely awards I am so taken! Just to know that ANYONE is reading really surprises me, let alone so many awesome fellow bloggers, so thanks, as always, guys!
This time I will be passing it along to 11 other lovely bloggers, telling you guys a few fun facts about me, & creating new questions for the nominees to answer (my favorite part)! Here it goes:
11 Questions for me:
- What is the best advice you ever received? I read in an interview that in Marlo Thomas’ book she said something like, "You need to wear blinders like a horse in a race and not worry about what the other horses next to you are doing, or who is going to win the race. Just run." I think we focus too much on what other people are doing and how other people are better and can sometimes get down on ourselves because we aren't "as amazing/good" as someone else. So now I try and think about me and what I want to do, what I like, and not so much about everyone else.
- Tell us about your blog: What type of camera do you use for your photos, and do you have help or take your own pictures? I really enjoy whipping out my camera at 3am after I've gotten the urge to put crazy outfits together & done the whole 9 yards with my makeup/hair, but all of my most recent outfit entries have been taken by the boyfriend. I try to steal his camera as much as possible as it take amazing photos! It's a Sony Cybershot HX9V
- What are your five "go to" pieces in your wardrobe? My amazing cashemere sweater, a pair of skinny jeans, my Anne Klein knee high boots, a striped 3/4 sleeve tee, & my Marc by Marc Jacob gold daisy studs
- If you could meet/interview any one person, living or dead, who would it be and why?I visit my aunt every few months and she has these amazing drawings around her house that my grandmother drew when she was alive. She passed away before I was even thought of so I would love to interview her and see what she was like, have her tell me about herself, get a feel of how she really was instead of what I've only heard about her. I think it would be interesting to learn about her life and her talent and all that good stuff.
- What "gadget" can you not live without (e.g. camera, laptop, iphone, can opener ;) )? These days I feel like I can't live a day without my phone-- always something going on, whether it's emails, texts from friends, or me playing Temple Run 2 endlessly
- Saturday or Sunday? Saturday-- not only do you get to sleep in late & do what you'd like, but you don't have to deal with that pre-Monday jitters when thinking about "tomorrow" :)
- Winter or Summer? I am a Leo and a summer baby through and through. I will take 100 degree weather over frigid winters any day of the week!
- Salty or sweet? Salty, but only because my overly sensitive teeth don't allow too much sweetness :(
- What is your favorite holiday? To be honest I'm not big on holidays, but I do enjoy the whole dressing up part of Halloween. How can you beat being whatever you want for an evening?
- In your opinion, what is your best trait or feature? Both of my parents and my sister have very prominent noses, so I really love my tiny button nose. It's nothing special but it's all I've got! haha
- What do you wish people knew about you? I feel like a lot of people think that just because I laugh a lot, like clothes, and am always too nice for my own good that I am not particularly smart. But I suppose that is because there is a very fine line between being dumb and simply having manners these days ;)
11 facts about me:
- I think waay too much when it come to cooking and end up trying to follow recipes to a T. I cooked for Valentine's day one year and it took so long that the hubby actually fell asleep on the couch before it was done!
- I have a really bad short term memory, so much that I usually walk around with a notepad (both on my phone & in my bag) to remind myself of what needs to get done.
- Even though I got into all of my choices for high school, I didn't get to choose which one I went to--my parents did, and so I worked extra hard so that I could get out of there and be able to choose the college I would go to. I graduated 3rd in my high school class with an Advanced New York State Regents diploma, the Italian Award, and English award. I don't know where I, or this blog, would be if I hadn't gone there and taken one of the best and most challenging English teachers I've ever had.
- Song that has lasted the looongest on my iPod without deleting: Saturday Morning by The Eels (from The OC Soundtrack-- yeap, that OC)
- The first CD I remember buying was Britney Spear's 'Hit Me Baby One More Time'
- I am obsessed with outerwear but usually end up wearing the same coat/jacket for the most part
- I cannot watch the original Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory without having some kind of candy/chocolate.
- Did I mention that I am not a fan of layering? Which I'm pretty sure is the reason why I adore summer so much. Or visa versa :)
- I have always had some form of digital writing outlet. My 3 big ones were teenopendiary.com, livejournal, &, now, blogger (with smaller ones mixed in between).
- I will, for the most part, try any kind of food once (as long as you don't tell me what it is until after I've tried it & given my opinion)
- So far I have made the switch from coffee to green tea for 31 days (and counting)!
11 Questions for you!
- What is the 1 thing that can change your entire day around?
- Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?
- One item in your closet you cannot live without this season?
- If you could travel to 1 place right this second where would it be & why?
- Who was your role model when you were a kid?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is one thing you've always wanted to learn how to do?
- Describe your perfect Sunday
- What do you wanna be when you grow up? :)
- Favorite movie or TV show or song of all time:
- Tell us about the best moment of your life:
Alright, lovies, YOU GUYS ARE UP!
- Sara from The House of Shoes
- Jacy from Lenore Lame
- Joyce from Joyful Outfits
- Aga from Aga's Suitcase
- Megan & Nora from Two Birds
- Jacqueline from Je Ne Sais Quoi
- Vale from Fashion & Cookies
- Noora from Curious & Curiouser
- Jersey from Jersey Chase
- Veronica from Fabulous Fashion
Please answer my questions above, along with 11 facts about yourself, and spread the Liebster love! And make sure to let me know when you do!